Green Industry Update
Date & Time
October 18th, 2019 8:00 AM
Gwinnett Government Annex Building (Google Map)
UGA Extension Gwinnett Green Industry Update
Come join us for an informative workshop with some of the top specialists in their fields!
Topics and Speakers:
· Reducing Fertilizers, Pesticides, and other Nonpoint Source Pollutants - John Butler, Water Resources Outreach Manager, Gwinnett County Department of Water Resources
· Using Certified Sod to Reduce Pests -Billy Skaggs - Certification Program Manager Georgia, Crop Improvement Association
· IPM and Reducing Pesticide Impact on Pollinators - Will Hudson, Professor, UGA Department of Entomology
· Core Principles of Pesticide Safety - Mickey Taylor, Pesticide Safety Education Program Coordinator, UGA Department of Entomology
· Appropriate Selection and Maintenance of Turfgrasses to Reduce Pest Issues - Tim Daly, County Extension Agent, UGA Extension Gwinnett
Date: Friday, October 18, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Location: Gwinnett Government Annex Building, Second Floor Conference Room, 750 South Perry Street, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Cost: $30 per participant. Deadline to register is Monday, October 14!. Lunch will be provided.
· 5 pesticide applicator license credits in Category 21 ( Plant Agriculture), Category 24 (Ornamental and Turf), Category 27 (Right-of-Way) and Category 32 (Regulatory).
· 3 ISA credits
· 5 credits GCLP/GCPP certifications
For more information, please contact Timothy Daly at 678-377-4011 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register online, click HERE.